Has anyone suffered hair loss due to trauma, meds or autoimmune disease? Do you have any tips for me? I used to have such thick hair and these pics are after the 5th time of taking it off my brush and my fingers....
I know I posted on Facebook what happened with this last surgery, but I know I haven't posted on here in quite a long time. And, since it's (fingers crossed) nearing the end of this particular journey in my life, I thought I'd hop on 😁. I hady last surgery on Wednesday Jan 8th, where we chose to put the "other type" of trach back in. I guess when she asked me about it, it was all so fast I didn't have time to process much. I know this type needs to be in for a little bit before she does the resection surgery, so if we are going through with this soon, hell yes I'll take whatever type you want to give me! The last time we had this type of trach in for a trial, it was very short lived. It didn't sit right in me, it hurt, I had a very hard time breathing, so she put the T-tube back in. This time, after so far it's only had the "pain" from surgery. And whatever it is I'm pushing through it because I want this dang thing out! I...
When I posed about my ENT contacting a provider she knew, I said it was at Mayo, Rochester. I was wrong, it was at the U of M. So, here is what I know as of right now: She spoke to an ENT she knows personally at the U and discussed my case with him in detail. This was his suggestion. He suggests a tracheal resection and possible gastric bypass. Two MAJOR surgeries. She asked me my thoughts. I have in the past looked up stuff on tracheal resection. Since my area of blockage is so "thin" but all the way across (thus blocking) I would be a good candidate for this. They would go in and literally take out that part of my trachea and reconnect the gap. I would probably be in a C-collar for a while, and recovery will be a while, but in all the statistics that I have looked up, it has worked! I am also in a group on Facebook for people with Idiopathic Subglotic Tracheal Stenosis, several people have had this surgery done on th...
This used to be my favorite time of year. Key word USED. In case people didn't know, I HATE being like this. I would LOVE to be able to go to work, I would LOVE to not have to wear a mask, and I would LOVE to be able to skate with my boys at open skate. Instead I worry about my kids and family being embarrassed to be seen with me because I have the mask, I feel like a burden, I have to rely on family to help with everything. I hear people talk when they see me. I am made to feel dumb when I go get labs drawn, seriously adults being bullies is terrible. I'm not trying to get ANY sympathy, I just need to vent and want people to know that just because some people "look" different doesn't mean they chose to be like this. I'm 37 years old with two kids and have to think about disability. I have always been what I consider to be a hard worker and this truly destroys any pride I had. Not much is new with my health, not getting any wor...
Comments
Post a Comment